Saturday, July 19, 2008

Life is good!!!!!!!!


If you visited this site yesterday then you have already read the good news; the Lymph Nodes are clean!!!!!!!! And indeed we were doing the happy dance, myself a little less vigorously than my husband and wingmen, but I was surely dancing with them in spirit.

So, even though they did lop off part of my boob, yesterday was indeed a GREAT day and one for the record books! It began with Tony, Linda, Brian and their son Ryan escorting me through the pre-op procedures, all with a great deal of good humor. And yes, we did play Pass the Trash in pre-op. The surgical staff certainly thought we were crazy, but there was one resident who I think would have liked to get in our action. If you ever need "back up" while going through a difficult time, I can assure you these are the people you want by your side. I love you Mr. and Mrs. Goose, and your whole Goose family! I'll show Tony my appreciation another time, tee hee.

So anyway, it was off to surgery and I was snoozing before I even realized it. I was then rudely awakend from a wonderful dream of BBQ'g in Jessica and Josh's backyard. We were playing cards in my dream too, and it's just as well that I was awakened because I am sure that Josh would have taken my money as he so often does! Once I realized where I was, my first question was, "Are the Nodes clean"? I admit it, I cried when they told me they were all clean! What a joy and a relief.

I was then taken to post-op, given toast and ginger ale, and after Tony came to check on me, my dear friend JoAnne, was sweet enough to sneak into post-op to give me a hug. Later, when the nurse was asking me if I had kids and I explained that I had a grandchild, because my husband had been married before, and in fact the woman who had snuck into post-op was his first wife, she looked at me like I had two heads. I just smiled and said "you take the good where you find it".

An hour later I was home on my coach. Good thing too, cuz the anesthesia did not set well with me. Linda and Brian stopped by to return my watch and good luck talismans, which included a pendant that said "BELIEVE" , an amethyst stone for healing, a silver dollar, a mini-bottle of seashells, and a note that my Mom wrote to me in 1996. It looks like they did the trick, because today I know that I have been granted great good fortune!

I slept until about 6:30 pm, and then my husband made me soup and took me out for a cremee...... he's been dieting and I have been complaining that I didn't have anyone to get cremee's with.... it's no fun by yourself, you know! It really is the small things in life that can be the biggest show of love. I told you I was lucky.

So that's the story of my day. I still have a few hurdles to get over, like chemo and radiation, but for today I am simply going to bask in the knowledge that I have been given a gift that many have not been so fortunate to receive. I am going to Aunt Vera's 84th birthday celebration, because I cannot wait to see her beautiful smile, and when I hug her it will be with the hope that she too has many more celebrations in front of her.

I am out of creative ways (I'm not that creative anyway) to tell all of you how wonderful you are, but please know that my heart swells with love for each and everyone of you.

Tyler, I expect that I will be boating and fishing on the lake soon. My left arm is a bit stiff, but I cast with my right, so I won't be kept from catching the big bass! Can't wait to see you. Hey, how come I didn't get a gin and tonic? Maybe today....... I know that I have much to celebrate.

Love you all,
Shannon (Mav)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how happy we are for you Shan! I just wish I could be there to give you a big hug! We will be celebrating in Weymouth in you honor-(Mike and I with bud lites and Michalea with her apple juice) Love you!

Unknown said...

Shannon, you are in my thoughts and Prayers!!! I am extremely happy for CLEAN! Thank GOD and AMEN!! It is with much Love I send this your way!!

Bethany said...

I am so glad that things are turning out so well! I am thinking of you daily, and wishing you all the best possible!

nancy said...

I'm happy things are turning out relatively well! WOW - your head must be spinning

Craig said...

Shan:

Our thoughts and prayers(We DO :>)) are with you. I KNOW Mom is watching out for you. All our love.

Craig, Kathy, Elizabeth, Allysa and Katie

Anonymous said...

"Look, I don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you're not alive."
Mel Brooks

Shan, what an inspiration you are to so many of us.
Hair or not, you are one sexy hot Mama!

Becky