Good morning all. I haven't posted anything lately, because there hasn't been much to talk about. As you know, the surgery was a huge success, and I feel great! I still have a some tenderness and stinging in my arm which was caused by the removal of the lymph node. Given the alternatives and the other possible outcome, I don't feel that I need to complain too much though. The final pathology report has been received, and it confirms the original findings from the operating room. They got clean margins with the removal of the 1.5 cm tumor, and it confirmed that the lymph nodes were clean. :)
Goose and I have an appointment to see a medical oncologist today to discuss further treatment. She will likely recommend chemo, but am exploring the possibility of removing my ovaries as an alternative. Because my cancer is estrogen receptor positive, removing the ovaries stops the production of estrogen, and that combined with radiation and Tomoxafin can potententially starve the cancer cells. However, because my cancer is one that goes through the blood stream (systemic), the question is wether or not that will be sufficient. Unfortunately, I think the answer will be that it is not. Oh well, you know what they say "bald is beautiful"!
It has been an interesting couple of weeks, but I can honestly say that the actual surgery itself was no big deal. My boob looks great! Aside from the scar, you can hardly tell that tissue has been removed. It's not like I had much to lose to begin with you know! A few days after surgery, my grandson Ian asked me how I was feeling and I explained that I was fine and that only a small part of my breast was removed. Without batting an eyelash, he replied, "I'm glad, because I don't think Grandpa would like it if you didn't have a breast, Nana!". So the next time someone asks if it's nature or nurture, I can assure you, it's nature! That's my boy!
Hugs and love to you all,
Shannon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment