
Look in dictionary under the word incredulous and you will see a picture of me! So, after exhibiting a great deal of patience, I called my surgeons nurse at 2:00 pm (Tyler, this was just before I went out on the lake, boating and fishing). The nurse (Maggie), reassures me that although it is getting late in the day, I should not give up on getting the biopsy results and that surgery may still happen on Monday.
I wait patiently, (while boating fishing and tubing) with Heidi, Steve, Tony, Shannon and Josh until 5:15 pm. At this point, I leave a very adament yet polite message for Maggie advising that I can't quite fathom why, at 5:15pm on Friday, July 11th, I don't know if I am having my boob lopped off on Monday, July 14th!!!
Maggie calls me very soon there after to advise that although she and I had indeed sat with the surgeons scheduler on June 17th and scheduled surgery for July 14, ( I have it in writing on their paper work) it didn't seem to be on their schedule! And oh, by the way, we don't have the results of your biopsy yet either. Can you believe it? It no longer even mattered what the results were, I wasn't even on their schedule!
I proceeded (with great restraint) to let Maggie know that I really didn't want to be the bane of her existance, but having been forced into it, I now felt it appropriate to expect her to be my advocate. Fortunately, she took my concerns to heart and must have decided to do what probably should have been done earlier in the day and contacted the lab. 10 minutes later we discovered that the biopsy was NEGATIVE! Woo hoo!!!!!!!! If only I had thrown a fit at 3pm!
So.....when I was done ranting, I finally had a chance to appreciate the good news, and proceeded to go boating, fishing and tubing. What a great day!!!! I was so lucky to have Heidi there to help me joke my way through the wait, otherwise I might not have been so cordial to Maggie...........
Anyway, the bottom line is, I still don't have a date for surgery, but it seems that a lumpectomy will be sufficient and again that is good news. Maggie reassured me that I would be a priority for next week, and that they may be able to squeeze me into their schedule before the end of the week. Again, not holding my breath, but I won't make the mistake of being patient again!
Now that I got that off my chest, I want you to know that I am feeling quite positive. Although it was a rainy kind of crappy afternoon, we went out on the boat anyway, and every where we went, the sun shone! We had a blast tubing and caught a ton of fish. Although Steve caught the biggest fish, ( a 2lb Bass), my neice, Shannon, caught the most. She rocks! What a good day.
The saga continues...........................
I love you guys..........
Shannon
I wait patiently, (while boating fishing and tubing) with Heidi, Steve, Tony, Shannon and Josh until 5:15 pm. At this point, I leave a very adament yet polite message for Maggie advising that I can't quite fathom why, at 5:15pm on Friday, July 11th, I don't know if I am having my boob lopped off on Monday, July 14th!!!
Maggie calls me very soon there after to advise that although she and I had indeed sat with the surgeons scheduler on June 17th and scheduled surgery for July 14, ( I have it in writing on their paper work) it didn't seem to be on their schedule! And oh, by the way, we don't have the results of your biopsy yet either. Can you believe it? It no longer even mattered what the results were, I wasn't even on their schedule!
I proceeded (with great restraint) to let Maggie know that I really didn't want to be the bane of her existance, but having been forced into it, I now felt it appropriate to expect her to be my advocate. Fortunately, she took my concerns to heart and must have decided to do what probably should have been done earlier in the day and contacted the lab. 10 minutes later we discovered that the biopsy was NEGATIVE! Woo hoo!!!!!!!! If only I had thrown a fit at 3pm!
So.....when I was done ranting, I finally had a chance to appreciate the good news, and proceeded to go boating, fishing and tubing. What a great day!!!! I was so lucky to have Heidi there to help me joke my way through the wait, otherwise I might not have been so cordial to Maggie...........
Anyway, the bottom line is, I still don't have a date for surgery, but it seems that a lumpectomy will be sufficient and again that is good news. Maggie reassured me that I would be a priority for next week, and that they may be able to squeeze me into their schedule before the end of the week. Again, not holding my breath, but I won't make the mistake of being patient again!
Now that I got that off my chest, I want you to know that I am feeling quite positive. Although it was a rainy kind of crappy afternoon, we went out on the boat anyway, and every where we went, the sun shone! We had a blast tubing and caught a ton of fish. Although Steve caught the biggest fish, ( a 2lb Bass), my neice, Shannon, caught the most. She rocks! What a good day.
The saga continues...........................
I love you guys..........
Shannon
3 comments:
By my count we are at seven games! Keep this up and we may have to play for pennies to make sure you don't go bankrupt when I ROB YOU BLIND!
P.S..... Yes I posted this at 5:45AM... Not just waking up, just getting home! Gotta love weekends with per diem, a rental car, and $1.50 cab rides after the bar!
I'm your backup Nana, I wouldn't want to be on the other end of that phone conversation with Maggie or "Magpie" as I will now refer to her. I think she's earned a nickname after yesterday's intrigal part in yesterdays events. Magpie didn't know that your wheel squeaks louder than all of those other lumpy women.
Jessica, Oh I got you good yesterday! It is hard being so witty all of the time.
Christine, you haven's seen stalkers until you wake up one morning and look out your window and are blinded by Steve's ass bobbing in your pool.
Linda, I think you jinxed your luck. I've got three bucks for the next game
I love how this blog brings peeps together.
As Dad would say "bye now, buy bonds..."
WOW.. now thats what I call gettin-ur-done !!! Have you ever thought of running for office Shannon ?? *LMAO*
GREAT NEWS on the results *doing the happy dance* !!! and I'm thinking Magpie will NEVER forget you *hehehehe* and thats good ! cuz next time just maybe she won't drop the ball *urrrrrr*
Ok, enough of that, Lets see, it looks like you and Tyler have a little wager thing going on here *Tyler if you need a loan, the "bank" is open, and the rates not bad right now* *LOL*
Heidi Ho & Stevie... hummmmmm, i'm thinking that the gas on the boat just might be paid this year by some serious card games ???? "DEAL UP" kinda sounds like "Cowboy Up" ;)
Jessica... Jessica... Jessica... girlfriend it is soooooooooo TIME we get this crew together and let the Good times ROLLLLLLLL :)
WHAT??? did I read that right Shannon... Tony caught NOTHING???? not even a visor !!?? Hummmmm... sorry Tony ... Brian nots doing to good with the fishing either ... looks like you guys might need another lesson??? be glad to assist you in that ;)
Ok, my heart is happy.. Mav's test is NEGATIVE !!!!! *doing more Happy Dance* The Sun is out !!! My friends and family are the best !! and I'm above ground... YEP, it's a GOOD DAY!!!
LOVE to all... and just for the hell of it, try smiling at a stranger... it is amazing the response you will get back, and the feeling you get from such a small act :)
Post a Comment