Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!





Hello all,

Can you believe that it is Thanksgiving already? The older I get, the faster the time flys! Either way, I find myself feeling thankful for many things this Thanksgiving, not the least of which is all of my wonderful friends and family. Although 2008 has been a very different year than I orignally planned, when I think about what has transpired over the last 11 months, I am amazed at the great good fortune that has come my way.

Now that is not to say that I haven't had my struggles, and have at times even felt a little bit sorry for myself. However, every time I was faced with a challenge, the support that I received from friends and family was more than I could have ever dreamed or hoped for. In addition, I can't help but be thankful for the fact that I have been blessed with best possible outcome in each of the treatments/surgeries that I have undergone.

The past months have made me realize more than ever that life is about how we overcome the obstacles we are presented with, and the folks who are there to give you a boost when you just can't quite get over those obstacles on your own. So that being said, I want to thank each and every one of you for being there to give me a boost when I needed it most!

As you can see from the above picture, Jessica has been hard at work painting my head yet again! I am also posting a something that was sent to me by my sister in law, Paula, which really says it all. I hope you all have a happy and safe Thanksgiving and "I wish you enough".


I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.

I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish you enough hellos to get you through the your final good-byes.

Much love,
Shannon

1 comment:

Susan Dagen said...

Happy Thanksgiving Shannon. I love the turkey. I am so thankful you are near the end. You have been an inspiration to us all. I hope you enjoy this day and all the rest to come.

Love ya,
Susan