Friday, November 7, 2008

A good omen for the weekend........


















Hi All,

I wasn't going to update the blog today, but I got a very excited call this morning from Stephanie, to let me know that Paul was successful this morning and bagged himself a nice 6 pointer, while muzzle loading in New Hampshire. Now given we are headed to Bradford today in preparation of Ian's first "Vermont Youth Day", I just can't help but hope that maybe, just maybe, this is a good omen. One of Ian's ground stands is on Paul's Vermont property, and in fact is the same location that Paul got his very first deer back when he was a young boy. And since our Paul is one of the most successful hunters I know, we may just be celebrating again tomorrow. Man I think I would pee my pants, if only he could be that fortunate!

Whether or not Ian is successful tomorrow, we are always happy for any one of the Munn boys when they get a deer, so tonight will be a huge night in that Paul will have his deer hanging in the shed and we will all be anxious to share in the fun as he tells the story of his successful hunt. This is all part of the learning process for Ian as well.

As I may have mentioned in past postings, hunting has been part of the Munn heritage going back many generations when they had to hunt to put food on the table, and although there is obviously a great deal of excitement when one of the boys is successful, it is really more about the comradrie, remembering family members who unfortunately are no longer with us, and the continuation of the Munn traditions, and the history that we are all so very lucky to be a part of. This is what we all hope is being passed on to the next generation, which of course is Ian! So as you can see, we will be greatful for the meat as we all love venison, but in the end, it is really about family.

Love to all,
Shannon

No comments: