Good morning all,
It's 4am and Tony and I have a busy day ahead, so I thought I would make a quick post before I get to work. It's time to bring in all of the lawn ornaments, take down our porch gazebo, and get everything ready for winter. Even though Fall is my favorite time of year, I do so hate to to give up on summer, but since my motto these days is accept what you cannot change, and move on, that's what I'll do.
We are headed to Bradford for a weekend of bow hunting, 4-wheeling, hiking and bon fires. Very exciting because Grandpa Tony and Ian will be scouting and setting up his tree stand in preparation for Vermont's Youth Day on Nov. 8, which will be Ian's first time hunting. Our boy is growing up and it is such a wonderful time as this is a bond will last both of their lifetimes. I wouldn't miss it for the world, and I can't wait to hear from Ian all the things he learns at Grandpa's side.
I also wanted to thank all of you who have taken time to send comments and well wishes through the blog. It seems that several people in my home town of Roseau, MN have become aware of my situation and have been checking in on me now and again. I was pleasantly surprised the other day, to see that my girl friend from high school days, Pam Engelstad, left a comment letting me know she was thinking of me. Pam, I would love to catch up with you, but please post another comment including your email address or send me an email at munsey1962@verizon.net.
I am amazed on a daily basis by how many wonderful people have stepped forward to offer hope, help and hugs. Whenever I have a difficult day, I simply have to look at my blog or around the house at all of the amazing gifts and tokens of friendship and love, and I am very quickly reminded of how fortunate I am.
No pictures today, but rest assured I will be posting more after the "Bradford Gang" returns from the weekend. Who knows, maybe we'll get a shot of Grandpa and Ian in their tree stand?
Hugs to all,
Shannon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Weekend in Bradford!
Sounds like so much fun. Wish we could be there too. Oh well, maybe some year. You know looking at your halloween pics, you got to kind of wonder, I always remembered dad as having a pretty square head, so we all must have got our heads from Mom, because we all really have round ones. Oh well. Enjoy the fall.
love
Shawn
Post a Comment