....... of the truck that ran over me????? Whew, tough couple of days! As my friend Dani said, "we bid farewell to the girls, "O" and "Vary" on Wednesday". I had a little more difficulty bouncing back from this surgery, as they not only removed my ovaries and fallopian tubes, but placed the port through which chemo will be delivered in the future. Believe it or not, the port is what has made me the most uncomfortable.
The good news is that I made it through this procedure without getting sick from the anesthesia and thanks to JoAnne, I came home to a HUGE balloon, pics of the 4 of us on our 4-wheeling weekend and ice cream in the freezer. You don't have to be a little kid to appreciate the healing power of ice cream and we really like pictures of ourselves too!
So although it has been a tough couple of days, sleep and drugs are wonderful things, and I feel stronger today. No wonder as my recovery was fueled by the wonderful stuffed shells, garlic bread and white chocolate chip cookies that Dani dropped off yesterday afternoon. Although I don't recommend going through most of these processes, there is still a bright side, and Dani's food is absolutely one of them!
I also received a visit from the traveling hairdresser, Missy Reynolds. Because I had such difficulty blow drying and styling my hair yesterday morning, I decided to cut most of it off. As usual, all I had to do was ask. Missy came to my rescue after work with scissors and beer in hand, to give me a much needed trim. I must admit, I like it and now all I have to do when I get out of the shower is use a little mousse, run my fingers through my hair and I'm done! And maybe it won't be such a shock when I lose it all anyway.
It's gonna be a good day today. Heidi, Jess and I are going to Appearances to get fitted for my new "full cranial prostethis". I doubt that it will be like any other chemo/wig appointment these folks have encountered. With my "back up" beside me, I know we will have alot of laughs and it will likely be more light hearted then what they are used to. I just hope we don't get kicked out!
Anyway, that's it for now. I so appreciate all of the calls, cards, food, haircuts and wonderful people I have encountered through all of this. I know I keep saying it, but I really am very lucky!
Hugs to all,
Shannon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment