The journey continues....... and although I did not suffer a great deal of nausea from the chemo, I did find that my energy level wasn't what I would have liked it to be and it seems that my stomach isn't entirely pleased with the medications. Needless to say, I was not able to make it to the wedding because I found that I got awfully tired out just doing normal activities.
The weekend however was not a bust. Tony and I went to Jessica's on Saturday afternoon to help with preparations for the her big Halloween Bash, and although I wasn't able to help with the heavier work, I did help Brim (Jessica's Mom) with the invitations and a few errands. It was good day, and I was pleased to be out and about even if we were home and snuggled in before dark.
As I move past my first treatment, I am starting to realize that adjusting to chemotherepy will be a bit different than getting past the previous surgeries, as the chemo has a progressive affect on my system. I think that the biggest struggle will be understanding that I may at times be limited in what I am able to do. That's a tough one..... but am trying to accept that it will only be for a short time. Either way, today is a new day and since I still have hair, I think I'll put on my big girl panties and get on with it!
Hugs to all,
Shannon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice to hear from you, Shan!
-- just remember that if you do feel a bit down at times, be gentle with yourself and let your body go and do its thing - after all, you haven't exactly been on a picnic and you will bounce back!
Post a Comment