Thursday, September 25, 2008

Round 2 of chemo and more bald brothers/nephews........



















Wow!! I woke early this morning to prepare for my second chemo treatment and check my email, and what did I find but more pictures of bald people! It seems that my brother Steve has been the catalyst behind the whole head shaving thing, and he and my nephew Josh got themselves a little hair cut last night, with my neice Jordan doing the honors.
What can I say, they must truly love me, as I am not sure that I would have the courage to shave my head if the roles were reversed! Good thing we are all so darn good lookin, or this could really be traumatic! I only wish we could all get together for a small Singer reunion, as that would be a family picture for the ages. It's funny, because as we have aged, I have found it harder to see the family resemblances, but when you get rid of all that hair it becomes readily apparent (to me anyway), that we were born of that same set of wonderful parents. I only wish they were still here to see what wonderful children and grandchildren they brought into this world. I am sure they know though and are watching each of us with pride and love.

So, although I approach today with a bit of trepidition, I am again reminded of the love and support that surrounds me. My only wish is that I was better able to express how much it means to me to be surrounded by so much love and caring. I am stronger for it, and know that my journey has been made so much easier because of all of you. So today, I will hold my head high, put on my baseball cap, and go to my second treatment with a smile on my face and so much love in my heart!
That said, enjoy the pics! I love you all!
Shannon

No comments: