
Wow, what an amazing weekend at my favorite place in the whole world; Bradford! We arrived on Friday to find Tony's cousin "Wicked Smart, Lightening Paul Munn" hard at work puttying and painting the windows on the front of the barn. As you know, "many hands make light work" and we all pitched right in and by Saturday afternoon, the barn had a much needed face lift, including a new flower garden that Heidi and Jessica planted. It looks great!
Now, that's not to say that we were all work and no play! After working on the barn Friday afternoon, we built ourselves a bonfire on the front lawn and proceeded into an evening of 4-wheeling, washoe, cards, music and general revelry. Tony, Jessica and Josh were up until 3:30am! Rest assured, it didn't stop them from getting up at 7am and working on the barn Saturday morning.
On Saturday we were joined by a a few more friends who were looking for some "Bradford Fun" and we all went to a pig roast thrown by one of Tony's cousins in celebration of their recent marriage. Well, as you can imagine this meant more 4 wheeling, more cards, more washoe and more bonfires. The kids had a great time petting the goats, and checking out the mini-ponies too. Needless to say, we all had a good time visiting with family and long time friends and just enjoyed being outside, so much so that it was 2am before we all went to bed on Saturday!
So now it's home and preparation for the big day as my first chemo treatment will be administered on Sept. 4. I have mixed emotions as I take this step in my treatment, but am feeling positive that it is right for me. Stephanie's son Brendon is getting married on Saturday and my goal is to feel strong enough to attend. I strongly believe that attitude is everything, and my attitude says I want to go to the wedding! Fingers crossed..............
I hope that you all enjoyed your Labor Day weekend as much as I did. There is nothing like family and friends to help you see what is truly important and lift your spirits. I am a very lucky lady.
Hugs and love to all,
Shannon
No comments:
Post a Comment