Good morning all,
Well, I don't know about all of you, but we sure celebrated our butts off on New Years Eve. We spent the evening with Jessica, Josh, Heidi and Steve and several other friends dancing, playing Wi - Rock Band, and playing cards. It was a really great time, and for Tony and I, it marked the beginning of what we know is going to be a great year. Most importantly, we began the New Year with our "back up" by our sides!
We've had an extended christmas this year, as we just celebrated the Singer family xmas at my brother Steve's house yesterday. We all started out by going to see my nephew Josh's basketball game, and then back to Steve's for a visit and gifts. This year was made extra special by the fact that my great neice Sarah, was there with us for her very first christmas. It is really sweet to watch my brother David, or "Grandpa" as he is now known with his first grand baby. Makes me wonder how he got old enough to be a Grandpa though? I know that I am way to young to be a great-aunt!
We also had a little celebration for my sister Debbie and her new husband Bill. They got married in a private ceremony on Dec. 17, while Debbie's daughter Morgan was visiting here in Vermont. And the icing on the cake is that Bill's two wonderful boys, Luke and Nathan are now officially my nephews! So as you can see, our family had a lot to celebrate and has a great deal to be thankful for. And to Bill and the boys, welcome to our family. We love you!
I only have 2 weeks of radiation treatments left and am looking forward to a new beginning in 2009. I still have some decisions and life changes to make, but am feeling all the stronger because of the support and love of my amazing family and friends. I said it before, but I am going to say it again, it's gonna be a great year!
Love to all,
Shannon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Shannon,
It's Ann & Missy from the icy -17 of Wisconsin. Love your blog and the poem you wrote about Uncle Bill. We are thinking about you and continue to look at your blog for updates. Love to you and yours.
Ann and Missy
P.S. Had a great time visiting with Dave...miss all you Vermontees!!!
Post a Comment